Thursday, September 8, 2016

WOWZERS

September 8, 2016

HELLLOOOOO PEOPLE,

So, the MTC has been insane. Between Spanish everyday for 8 hours, messed up cafeteria food, and playing futbol in Madrid, it`s cazy.

To start this lovely second email update I thought I would share what we do on Saturdays. Every Saturday we all pile into the metro with Book of Mormons, pass along cards, and gospel pamphlets, and we head over to the MASSIVE park that is nearby us. Once there they send us off and with broken Spanish we try to talk to people about why we are on a mission. INSANE. My first time there I was totally way in over my head. This one old guy talked for twenty minutes straight and I literally didn´t understand a single word he said to me and my comp. We walked away laughing our heads off. Luckily while there we were able to find people who spoke broken english, and we got our message across. We`ve even met two couples from the US. Who would´ve thunk.

Continuing with this ramble of thoughts, during our preparation day we get to go visit somewhere in Madrid for three hours. Last week we went to the center of Madrid. Everyone here calls it Sol for short.  And OMGoodness it was the amazing. We saw the royal palace, an amazing garden with the coolest statues, some of the craziest Cathedrals, and so on and so on. I`ll attach the pics below. Be sure to check them out.

My spanish has improved a ton. I´ve made a goal to memorize 35 words and 10 phrases everyday for the next three weeks. In total that will put me way over a thousand words, and over 280 phrases. My goal is to be able to speak fluently in three months. Through the Lord it is most certainly possible.

Alright, one last thing. As you can imagine learning Spanish for 8 hours everyday can be draining. Sometimes by the end of the day my head feels like its about to explode. A few days ago I was having a particularly rough time, and I needed a pick me up. I felt prompted to read the letters and notes you all wrote me before I left. I was instantly reminded how I am pretty much the luckiest guy ever to have so many amazing people in my life. I have been so blessed to have gotten to meet, adventure with, and love you all.  So here`s to you. Thank you for helping far away in Los Estados Unidos.  

To finish, I want to bear my testimony. This church is real. The Book of Mormon is the word of God. Straight up. It can help every single person in this world. Through this book you will come closer to Christ, guaranteed. I didn`t leave everybody to chase some fairytale... It`s the truth, and it will make you happy.

I love getting emails, so keep writing. Thanks again, and I hope you are all doing fantastic!!!!!!!!!!!!

Love,
Elder Beck
 














No comments:

Post a Comment