Thursday, September 1, 2016

IIIINNNN MADRID

September 1, 2016

HOLY COW THIS WEEK HAS BEEN ABSOLUTELY INSANE!!!!!!!

So first and foremost saying goodbye to all of you was super duper tough. There isn't a day that goes by that I don't think about you all.

To start this crazy trip, flying for a whole day was terrible. It's like being homeless. You sleep on the benches, and nobody wants to be there. On the flight from Chicago to Frankfurt I met this Indian guy who talked about God, economics, hard work, and life`s meaning for 3 hours. It was a fantastic conversation. The airport food ended up being pretty okay, and I slept enough. In Frankfurt I met up with some other missionaries who were flying to Madrid was well. Some of them are going to Portugal, France, Spain, Russia... basically all over.

When I got here to the Missionary Training Center in Madrid, we hit the ground running. Devotionals, dinner, and personal study. The next day was insane, starting with language classes, gospel study, and fun. Every day here has been so incredibly hard. My mind feels like it's going to explode from all the Spanish, but everyday I'm learning more and more.  

Quick tangent. So every day we get an hour for sports here, which is basically the best time ever. We play soccer at this place called "The Pit". It's a huge concrete stadium that has two metal goals, and it is so cool. It feels like it is straight out of a video game. The fact that we are playing futbol in Madrid in that stadium is the best thing ever.

My companion's name is Elder Lowder. He's from Rigby, Idaho, and I love him. He was a track star in high school and we get along super well. In the MTC there are about 70 missionaries and they are all awesome. We are all divided up into zones, then to districts. Per zone there are about thirty missionaries, and in my district there are 7 people. You have your daily classes with your district, and then eat and play sports with your zone. Basically every missionary here is awesome, even the Portuguese Elders. Only a few of them speak English, but they are the coolest guys ever. One of them is actually a professional soccer player. Like he played with Neymar. THAT'S INSANE for those of you who don't know who that is.

Last, but certainly not least, Elder Lowder and I were called to be the Zone Leaders over our zone. It's a pretty humbling calling, and I love the opportunity to talk to the Mission President and serve my fellow missionaries.

To sum it all up, I hope you are all doing absolutely wonderful. I couldn't take any pictures this week because we aren't allowed to during the week. I will have tons for next week though. I love you all so much.

P.S. If you write, I will definitely try to write back, and they don't have a regular comma here which is why they all look so weird... haha

Love,
Elder Beck

No comments:

Post a Comment