Monday, October 17, 2016

Sticks and stones may break my bones, and thank goodness we didn't have to find out

October 17, 2016

We HOLA my beloved friends and family. It's your Elder from across the
big pond! You all seem like your doing wonderful. In the famous words
of Pedro Sanchez, "I hope all you wildest dreams are coming
true!!!!!!!!!"

Now many of you may have been extremely confused by the title of this
email, but let me explain. So my good Elder Dunn and I were out on the
streets one day, working hard, when we decided to visit some less
active meme era. We arrived at of their building, and proceeded to
ring the buzzer for their piso (apartment). All of a sudden this old
man bursts out of the lounge area and starts yelling at us and telling
us to leave. We tried to calmly explain that we had a friend who lived
there, but he was having none of it. He started to walk away back into
the building, and we stayed at the entrance. He turned, saw us again,
and hobbled back to the door. He started screaming at us, and this
time started to threaten to hit us with his cane. After it became
clear the people weren't home we walked away, with him finally
leaving. Slightly scary, but more funny because honestly if he tried
to hit us I don't think it would have done any damage. Hence, the
title.  Hahaha

The food here is amazing! The members feed at at least three or four
times a week, and the food is good. The beans are literally to die
for, and they have this super amazing dish called paella. It's
basically rice with chicken, pork, or beef, but it is soooooo good!!
I'm in love, which has resulted in me gaining quite a bit of weight.
When I left I was like 152, now I'm 165.... haha

The work is going great as well. We have several people with baptism
dates, and we work hard everyday to not only find new people on the
street, but also work hard to work with members. That is the best way
to do the work. When we have referrals teach a lot more people who are
truly ready to hear the gospel.

One special investigator is Adrian. Adrian has a serious addiction to
smoking, but he is fighting super hard to overcome it. Sometimes he
will come to church and have to go outside to smoke, but we always go
with him and encourage him to keep fighting! I cannot wait to see him
overcome this through the power of our Savior.

I love this gospel, I love this place, and above all I love you! Keep
killing out there people, and don't forget to write!! I love hearing
all about your lives!

With more love than you know,
Elder Beck

P.S Elder Dunn and I ran out to watch the sunrise over the
Mediterranean this morning, and it was INCREDIBLE! Also added a
picture I edited.







No comments:

Post a Comment