Monday, October 24, 2016

The Mountain Pueblo and an APOSTLE

October 24, 2016

Buenas (everyone says that here) my beloved friends and family!! Glad
the fall season is going well for everyone.

To begin this lovely email, this week we got to see an APOSTLE of the
Lord! President Nelson visited our mission. It was a blast seeing
everyone. But more Importantly the spirit that we felt was like
nothing I have ever felt before. He was so inspired. He called us to
remember that we were chosen to do this work in the life before, and
that family history needed to be an important part of our everyday
actions. We have started using it when we are contacting, and we will
see how it works. During the meeting I got a sure witness that he was
an apostle of the Lord. They have the same keys that were given to
Peter long ago during the life of Christ (Matthew 16: 17-18). This
church is the restored church of Jesus Christ, the same that was
established by Christ himself during his ministry. The reality is
either Joseph Smith was a complete fraud and I am wasting two years of
my life for nothing, or he was called to be a prophet and this is the
work of God. The only way you will know is if you read the Book of
Mormon. God promises to reveal the truth to those who read and pray
with real intent. I ask you to please read it. I promise with the
deepest feelings of my heart it will change your life forever. I know
because it changed mine.

On a lighter note, we had companion exchanges for a day, and I got to
go to a smaller city called Tortosa. It's a great place. My companion
and I then went up to a mountain pueblo called Prat de Comte. There we
met with a little Honduran family who fed us eggplant stuffed with
tuna and cheese. Sounds gross, but it ended up being okay! The place
was insane though. It's the type of place you only dream about
visiting. You drive through the mountains, and it feels like you are
in the middle of nowhere, then all of a sudden an ancient village pops
up. It looks like a place from Nepal. What a great experience!!!!

A little interesting thing about the Barcelona mission. Here, there
are so many people from different countries. We talk to people from
Nigeria, Ghana, Pakistan, Morocco, Columbia, Ecuador, Bolivia, Cuba,
England, China... the list goes on and on. One elder started keeping
track, and he has talked to people from over 90 different countries.
It's crazy to think I get the opportunity to learn and grow with so
many different people and cultures.

It was a wonderful week, and I hope you are living the dream. I love
you all, and keep writing!!

Love,
Elder Beck




No comments:

Post a Comment