Monday, November 7, 2016

Just a Boy and His Baguette.... + a BAPTISM

Gents and ladies, ladies and gents, this week has been absolutely
wonderful! I am the happiest I've been in my whole life, and the
mission is literally the greatest experience in the world!!!!

To begin, this week I had my first baptism. We baptized Maria Carmen
Perez Ortega. She is an amazing miracle. We found her late in the
streets one night, and one month later she has entered the waters of
baptism. It was a beautiful experience getting to see her progress
from nothing about The Church of Jesus Christ of Latter Day Saints to
gaining a very strong testimony of the gospel. She cried as she bore
her testimony during the service, and she couldn't stop smiling as she
thanked us for finding her. I am so blessed to be a part of her
journey.

So during the service we were planning on singing a little musical
number with the sister missionaries, but their bus came late, so I
ended up throwing down a rough piano song. It was a good time.

Other highlights include getting the opportunity to go into the
mountains and explore around some waterfalls with a super kind member
here. It was super fun, especially since before we went we got fresh
baguettes and ate them there. Hence the title. Literally in love with
Spain!!

This has been a wonderful week. Thanks for all the emails. I love
getting them. You're all so kind. Thank you, and enjoy this amazing
fall weather!!

Love your boy,
Elder Beck

Pics include shots from the mountains. Unfortunately, only my
companion has the pics of the baptism. I'll send them next week.





No comments:

Post a Comment