Monday, December 26, 2016

BEST CHRISTMAS EVER!!!!!!!

Ho ho ho, Merry Christmas from the land of sun and palm trees. Not
gonna lie, the tropical weather has its perks!! I hope you all had the
best Christmas ever, because I know I sure did!

To start, I am staying in Tarragona for 3 more months!! We found out
on Friday, and I am super excited for it! To have the opportunity to
spend that time with these investigators and members is such a
blessing!

I am so grateful for Christmas. I feel like this year I truly learned
the meaning of Christmas. Yea, I know, that sounds super cliche, but
it's true. I have come to know my Savior and Redeemer on my mission,
and I am so grateful for it. The Savior truly has so much love for us!
He know exactly what we are going through, and I am so grateful for
that. He truly is the greatest gift we can ever get in our lives.

Hmmm, well, we spent Christmas with the members! We ate with the
bishop and a few other fantastic families. We ate so much food!! I
felt gross today because of it, but what a great time! Other
highlights include the getting to talk to my family, which was a blast
as well.

Finally, I am so grateful I have to overcome my weaknesses. I have a
lot, but through my Savior I can become perfect, even as He was. I
wanted to share a quick scripture about our Savior from the Book of
Mormon. In Alma 7:11-12 it says " And he shall go forth, suffering
pains and afflictions and temptations of every kind; and this that the
word might be fulfilled which saith he will take upon him the pains
and the sicknesses of his people.

12 And he will take upon him death, that he may loose the bands of
death which bind his people; and he will take upon him their
infirmities, that his bowels may be filled with mercy, according to
the flesh, that he may know according to the flesh how to succor his
people according to their infirmities."

I know He knows us personally, and I know that through the teachings
of the Book of Mormon and the Bible we can come to know and love Him!

Love you all, and have a Happy New Year!!!
Elder Beck

Ps. Some photos to remind you I am so lucky to live in paradise!!!!!!!!!!




No comments:

Post a Comment