Monday, December 12, 2016

It's Beginning to Look a Lot Like....

In all honesty, it's more like fall late summer here. Some days are
actually warm! Hahah, blessings of a ocean side location!!

Hello dearest friends and family. Here is yet another weekly update
from your missionary, Elder Beck!

To begin, this week was interesting! My companion was sick, and so we
spent two days in our apartment. Instead of letting it go to waste, I
basically deep cleaned the whole apartment, then set up the Christmas
lights we found! So that was fun.

More highlights including teaching a wonderful new investigator named
Soy. She is from China, and so she knows nothing about Jesus Christ.
It is definitely a challenge, but a good one at that. I'm excited to
see where it goes!

Finally, other highlights include getting cat-called in the street.
This doesn't happen often, but when it does, they see us dressed in
shirts and ties they instantly assume we have money, so this group of
girls asked if they could have some of our pasta (money)! I walked
away this time, but next time, I'm going to share with them our phone
number, a Book of Mormon, and a return visit! I think we just
discovered a new way to find investigators.... Hahaha

Anyway, love you all!!! Keep writing! I love all of the stories and
emails I get. Stay classy!

Love you,
Elder Beck





No comments:

Post a Comment