Monday, January 2, 2017

And So it Begins!!!!

Happiest of The New Year to you all! I am so glad to see so many of
you doing so well, and I hope you are all making tons of crazy goals
this year.

To start, this new year was I have to admit different than all the
others. To start, we had a great lunch with a couple from Honduras.
That was a blast, then we bought a ton of food for a family from
Romania who doesn't have very much money, then we celebrated with them
a little bit! After that we had a huge dinner with a couple from Cuba.
It was a great time. As we got back to Piso I decided to call one of
our members to see if she could bring her friend to church. When she
answers she was sobbing, and begged us to to come over. So we grabbed
our coats and ran to her piso at 10:35. Normally we can't be out past
10, but we had permission to be out until 11:30 that night. So we got
there and talked to her for 45 min. Then we sprinted back home to not
be late. By the time we got back I was drained! Definitely the most
fulfilling New Years I have had. Just the opportunity to focus
completely on others is such a blessing. I have learned so much while
being here.

So this officially begins the only full year of serving a mission.
While I know it is going to fly by, I am so grateful for the
opportunity to be a member of the this church, and to know the truths
that are taught. Truly this message contains the FULNESS of the
gospel. A lot of people teach good principles, but there is only one
church on earth that contains the fulness of the gospel, and that is
The Church of Jesus Christ of Latter Day Saints.

Here's a quick Scripture from the Book of Mormon. From Mosiah 2:17,
"And behold, I tell you these things that ye may learn wisdom; that ye
may learn that when ye are in the service of your fellow beings ye are
only in the service of your God."

I look forward to spending this year in the service of my God! Have a
great week, and keep writing!! Love you all.

Elder Beck


No comments:

Post a Comment