Monday, January 30, 2017

The Destructive Powers of Pique Machu

For all of you wondering about this strange title of an email, I will
now explain.

First and foremost, pique Machu is not Machu pichu, which is a place
in Peru. Pique Machu is a dish from Bolivia, and it consists of
assorted meats and fries all mixed together. It is basically a heart
attack on a plate, but it tastes so good. Anyway, we had this
wonderful dish on Saturday night, and then went home and went to bed.
And then it all went south....

I woke up the next morning feeling absolutely horrible. I don't know
if my stomach has ever felt so bad. I will spare you the graphic
details, but basically I didn't leave the bathroom until 1 in the
afternoon. I couldn't even drink water I was so sick. I couldn't go to
church, and my companion had a talk, so a member came and stayed with
me while he left with another. People, it was the worst. I love food,
but never do I want to eat Pique Machu again..... truly, Pique Machu
has great power over men.

Besides that horrible day, this week was absolutely fantastic. We
found this young boy who is the most prepared person I have ever met.
Oscar is 15 years old, and the first time we met him he told us he
wanted to be a missionary. He is absolutely fire!! I am so excited to
see his baptism!! Honestly, we have worked so hard to see this
miracle, and now it is finally here.

Other updates include my companion leaving this next week, so that
will be tough to see him go. He is such a great missionary, and I have
grown so much with him as a companion!

That's it for his week! Love you all, and don't eat Pique Machu!!!!!!!!!!!!

Elder Beck

No comments:

Post a Comment