Tuesday, February 7, 2017

Week of rollercoasters.... minus the Amusement Park

HEEEEEELLLLLLOOOOOOOO world!! Your boy Elder Beck coming at you for
the land of Tarragona! Well, this week has been the craziest week of
my mission, and it all began with a funeral....

So, this week my companion Elder Ramirez died.  It literally, but he
died on the mission (for those of you who still don't get it, he went
home). So this week he said goodbye to the members, and we went to the
office on Sunday! We stayed the night there, and then I left for
another area. It was tough to say goodbye. I know that one day I will
definitely see him again. He was a fantastic missionary, and I learned
a ton from him. My knee companion is Elder Christensen, and I can
already tell we are going to have a great time!

So this is where the rollercoaster comes in. As we were preparing to
leave on Sunday, I got a call from President where he informed me that
my mom has cancer. It's breast cancer, and she will have to go through
6 months of chemo to fight it. When I got the news I was honestly
shocked. It  was like, wow, my mom has cancer. However, at the same
time I had this overwhelming sense of peace I know that God has a plan
for us, and that sometimes we need to go through tough things in this
life. It's a part of this time. I also know that if for some reason my
mom passed on before the end of my mission, that most undoubtedly I
would see her again. This life is short, and I know that there is more
after. I know that to be true. I have confidence that God exists! He
is so merciful, and I will always be grateful for this knowledge.

I love you so much, and I hope that you can find the answered that I
have felt are true. Have a wonderful week!

Love,
Elder Beck

No comments:

Post a Comment