Monday, April 10, 2017

Things are heating up

This week was great. We spent a lot of time passing by old investigators and contacting. We found a lot of great people, and I feel like things are starting to build up. As we start having more visits our area will steadily begin to improve. 

We we fortunate enough to see a huge miracle. Elder Moon and Elder Ricks (the other missionaries in Castell√≥n) contacted two older Spanish ladies and set a visit with them. They seemed really interested, which I would say is uncommon among older Spanish people. They shared the Book of Mormon, and they promised to read it. When we showed up to meet with them they had brought a friend, and one of the ladies had read up to 1 Nephi 15. We shared the first lesson, and all three committed to a baptism date for the 7 of May. It was a huge blessing. I feel like the Lord just keeps providing and providing and providing. They said that they would also come to ward activity this Saturday. We are getting so blessed with incredible investigators! 

As I have read over the talks from this past general conference. I don't care if you are a member of the church or not, these inspired words can really bless and help you. You can find all of them on LDS.org! I invite all of you to read or watch the conferences. It is super great. I know I feel like I have grown a ton just from hearing them one time. 

For preparation day this week we went down to Valencia and played soccer with a ton of Elders from the zone. It was such a blast. For all of you who didn't know my companion is an incredible athlete. He has scholarships for track and basketball, and is probably the most athletic person I have ever met. He goes out there and makes everyone else look really bad a soccer, and it's funny. He's a baller! 

That's about it. The week was good, I'm good, companion is great, the gospel is amazing, and Jesus Christ is the best. Keep killing it out there people! Love you all! 

Elder Beck 


No comments:

Post a Comment